My husband has started a new depression medication, which gives him insomnia. This morning I got out of bed around 6:30.He was sitting on the couch. The first thing he said was, "I'm sorry." I was puzzled as to what he was apologizing for so I asked him. He said "For me."
This lead to one of those long talks. It was probably the calmest talk we have had in ages. I reminded him that this fight for him to get better wasn't just about him or me, it was about "us." We used to be such a great team. We both want that again. At least we are seeing eye to eye on that.
My husband cried this morning during our talk. I am a big sucker for Man Tears, so I cried, too. In each tear I could see the pain and fear he is feeling. I am so proud of him for surviving the last 7 days. That was a HUGE step for "us." I am looking to the future with cautious optimism. It can get better! I think he and I need to quit focusing on the me and him and start focusing on the "us." I know this will be a lifelong battle, but through love, compassion, and the Gospel this can be overcome.
No comments:
Post a Comment