It's hard to pin point where it began. One morning I woke up and it hit me like a brick, "My husband is an alcoholic." As the sudden realization almost knocked me to the floor, I had to begin to pick up the pieces of my life.I was losing my husband, the father of my children, my best friend, my hero, to a can that sat in my fridge.
It started off as the occasional social drink, grew to one beer a day, and before I knew it a case in a matter of 2 days or less. I have sat and questioned myself over and over. "How did it happen? When did it happen? Why did it happen? Why us?" I have yet to find the answers, but maybe the answers aren't there because they don't matter. What matters is saving my marriage, saving my husband.
This is my journey. It will not be easy. I may fall flat on my face, I may fall down on my knees and beg for mercy, but I have to save my marriage. I have to pick up the pieces and put them back together.
You can call me Casilda. I am an active LDS woman and the wife of an addict.
No comments:
Post a Comment