Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cutting

Just when the drinking slows something else has to happen. After almost 2 weeks sober, he drank. This morning we had a huge argument. he disappeared into the bathroom. When he walked out he had a huge cut on his wrist. He had taken a knife and made a pretty wide, deep gash. It probably could have used some stitches. It bled most of the day.
At this point I am exhausted. I love my husband, but I am scared for him. I am far to  young to be a widow. Therapy is out. He refuses to go. I am so tired. I feel like I am constantly dragging. I keep hoping all of this pain will end soon or that I will wake up form this nightmare.
I'm not sure if it's harder to be the closet alcoholic or the closet alcoholic's wife.

2 comments:

  1. All i can say is hang in there and be strong. I use to live in the closet and it got so lonely and the constant lieing i was doing got the most of me. My husband is a pill addict and still to this day i am trying to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry! I hope you are able to get your husband the help he needs.

    ReplyDelete