And I do not want anyone to think differently. I think that is what scares me most about telling people. He is a great person who just has bad habits.
The man I married is so compassionate. I recall one day on a trip to Sam's Club we ran into a lady who was traveling with her autistic son from Colorado to Arizona. She had been in a car accident, and her car was giving out on her. We shrugged her off and got into our car. We had been driving for a good 5 minutes when my husband said, "We have to go back." My husband went and found her and her son, took them inside and bought them lunch. I watched him hand her $100 as we left. At this point in our lives we were so blessed with good finances. He loved to give back to others. I have often looked back on that and wondered whatever happened to that lady and her son. My husband had such a huge compassion for her and felt such a strong need to help her. That is the man I married.
I am trying so hard to remember those times. It is so hard to look at him and realize that he is only a shell of the person he once was. I miss the happy times. I miss the jokes and the laughs. I miss the man I fell in love with. Most of all I miss my best friend.
No comments:
Post a Comment