When I began this blog it was to document saving my marriage. Along the way I found it not only helped me, but others as well. I was determined to save my marriage. Somewhere along the way I gave up fighting. I did the right thing. I had to give up fighting so that my husband could fight for me.
He fought to get well, all the while fighting for his family. Since he moved in with me, he has apologized over and over and over again. But really he doesn't need to. Through this hell I found so much. I found faith, I found a joy I never thought possible. I learned how to be happy when I was miserable.
Somewhere along this journey I began to see my husband as an "addict" instead of my husband. It is much easier to be angry at an "addict." He was an addict but he was also a person. I should have never let myself forget that.
Life is what we make it. I once read an Irish tale about a place where there is no sadness or pain. It is a place of peace. But because their isn't any pain, there isn't any happiness. It is through our deepest trials that we learn joy. It is during those times we find God. It is during those times that we feel his tender mercies.
So I say to you all. See your addict as the person they are and find joy in this trial. There is hope. Don't give up. Keep fighting.
Monday, September 3, 2012
Keep Fighting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment