Thursday, September 13, 2012

Giving Hope To Others

Over the past several weeks I have found that Heavenly Father is putting people in my path, people that he wants me to help. It has been an amazing journey and I am so grateful for these experiences. They help to shape me and help to reaffirm my own faith in myself and my faith in Heavenly Father.

A few days ago I was in my kitchen preparing dinner like I do any other night. Out of no where I heard a knock at my front door. No one ever uses my front door. I answered the door to find a rather flustered woman. I could tell she was out of breath and quite stressed. She told me that she and her boyfriend had had an altercation and she asked to borrow my phone.

30 minutes passed and I watched as she dialed number after number and got no response. When my husband drove up from work I told him I had to help her. He just looked at me and said, "I know you do."

We began the long drive into town. Her story came out. I heard the words "abuse", "I feel like nothing", and "addiction". My heart went out to her. She didn't know how to leave the situation for good. She found herself forever trapped in his cycle. She had lost her identity. In her I saw myself only months ago, fumbling around helplessly, unsure of what to do or where I was going. She gave me all the gory details of their fight and I found myself crying with her.

I was able to tell this woman that she WAS worth it, that she was beautiful, and that she had a Heavenly Father who loved her. As we drove up to her destination, both in tears she told me thank you. As she got out of the car she reached across and gave me a hug.

In reality I should have told her thank you as well. She gave me something that night. She gave me a little more faith in myself. She let me know that I am where I need to be, I am doing what I need to do. This life is a wonderful amazing topsy turvy ride. We need to find strength in each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment