Saturday, November 12, 2011

Watching my Husband Die

Over the past several months I have watched him slowly kill himself. On Sunday he had a non alcohol or drug related (as in he did not over dose) medical emergency. Suddenly, I found myself facing the possibility of life without him. I was a mess. When they finally allowed me to see him I was in shock. Here was my husband on 100% oxygen, tubes and wires everywhere. This was the man that I loved. I was told the next 24 hours would be critical and would likely determine whether he lived or not.
When I was ushered back to the family waiting room I hit my knees. I pleaded with my Heavenly Father to not take him yet. I begged Heavenly Father to let him go on and to be the man I know he can be. The Bishop came and gave him an incredible blessing. I felt so much peace through the words said in that blessing.
I do believe it was an eye opener for my husband. This was a result of some meds he had taken from an alcohol related accident (he was rear ended by a drunk woman). My husband has now seen the other side of things. He has been the victim of alcoholism. He has had a small taste of my life over the past few months.
I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father looked after my family and that my husband is now back home with us. Our Heavenly Father does really look out for each and every single one of us.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you had to go through this! As you said he has a little taste of what you go through...hopefully he'll take it and learn from it.
    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete