Tuesday, June 18, 2013

One Year Sober!

Crazy that it has been a year! I never thought I would be able to make this post. Where does the time go? My life has changed so much over the past year. While they are good changes it is still hard to take in. I never believed a person could change, especially an addict. Yet here I sit proven wrong. One year sober! I am so proud of my husband and all the changes he has made. He is truly the strongest person I know. He has over come so many obstacles. He is my inspiration to be a little better.
I also discovered some good news today. A couple months ago I blogged about a lady who showed up at my door and was in an abusive relationship. Today I found out that she left her abuser (who was also an addict) a few months ago. I almost cried I was s happy. I hope that she is able to find peace. I can't help but hope that something I said to her sunk in.
This life is beautiful. I cherish every moment. It has so much to offer us. Take the bitter and make it sweet. Pick up the pieces and move on. That is my goal. I still have moments of bitter resentment but I am doing my best and I move on a little more each day.
Keep Fighting Ladies!
Cadsilda

No comments:

Post a Comment