Sunday, March 31, 2013
Forgive Me
I found this song awhile back. I fell in love with it. I think the lyrics help me understand how my husband must feel especially since we have gotten back together. I think it describes the second half our journey so perfectly.
It has been hard but he and I have done this together. We have laughed, we have cried, we have talked like we never have before, and we have found a love that we never had before. We are still rebuilding things like trust, but that will come with time.
Many thanks to Nik Day for this incredible song.
And as it is Easter and this post is about forgiveness, I want to bear my testimony that you can find forgiveness for your spouse. It is a hard road. You will feel bitterness, anger, resentment, and a million other emotions before you reach that point, but it does come. I still find myself fighting the anger and the bitterness. I think of where we would be in our lives if addiction had never happened or I think of how alone I felt, and I get so angry I could scream. It is during those times that I have to take a step back and be grateful for what I do have and where I have come. I think forgiveness is done in baby steps. Take your time, be brave, and it will come. Our Savior gave us this precious gift. Don't let it go to waste in your life. No matter where you are on this path try and find that forgiveness. You will be amazed at how free you feel once it is found.
Keep fighting ladies,
Casilada
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment