Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where to Begin?

It has taken me a long time to reach a point where I could right this. When last I posted my husband had just been committed to a facility. You can not lock my husband up. That was proven during the 6 days we now refer to as "Hell Week." I watched my husband get worse and worse during those 6 days. He was almost like a small child. I fought for him, harder than I ever fought in my life. I watched him be abused by those who were supposed to help him. I'm still so beyond livid. I don't even know what you would call me. I can't pass by that hospital without feeling the anger build up inside me. Because of that place my husband lost his faith in the mental health world. A part of him died while he was locked away. He was already hard to win over when it came to trust. Now it will be almost impossible. He out his trust in a PA who made a major mistake. She took things too far, she lied. I wish I could have 2 minutes in a dark alley with that woman. It would come out nicely.
Aside from Hell Week, things have been better. Although the mental health world lost my husbands trust he has agreed to continue seeking help from a psychiatrist. The man is retired and sees patients at home. My husband has been flourishing under his care. We took a trip to the country for a week and it helped to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Our beer count is down to 6 a week instead of 6 a day. I think the huge turning point was him being committed. He saw people worse off then himself,he saw what he could become. He saw how much his family cared for him. As horrible as it was, i think it was an answer t prayers. As much as I hate that he had to go through that I think it was needed.
Remember that although addiction is hard our Heavenly Father has the ultimate control. When my husband was put away I suddenly realized there was nothing I could do, my hands were tied. I had to give the situation over to Heavenly Father and let him take control. It was one of the most humbling experiences of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment